Accelatis will be at ODTUG Kscope13, June 23-27 at the Sheraton New Orleans, and we hope you will [...]
Deploy with Confidence
Ascension Suite clients know with confidence how their system will perform without relying on their users to break the news. Complex applications in the Oracle Hyperion EPM suite require powerful simulations to truly know how they’ll perform in production.
Performance issues are an unavoidable fact of life. They can range from simple slowdowns to complete crashes. There are many causes, including user volume, particular mixes of simultaneous tasks, and many others. You have two choices when faced with the reality of performance issues:
- Wait for issues and deal with them each time they occur.
- Proactively and regularly test your system with realistic scenarios.
Ascension Suite has the most robust, Hyperion centric, easy to use, cost effective way to simulate system performance available. This combination of benefits provides our users with a powerful, repeatable option to not only test their systems before initial deployments, but to also constantly re-test with actual use cases to detect performance degradation easily and proactively.
Check out the features and benefits, and compare Ascension Suite to HP Load Runner. The days of spending too much money and time on load generation and user simulation are over.
Out of the box Hyperion tests ready to run in minutes, with no Custom Scripting required.
Substantial cost savings over HP Loadrunner – both initially and ongoing
Finance End User Friendly
Tests can be run without extensive IT involvement
Practical and Realistic
Replay your Oracle Hyperion EPM historical activity instead of spending time and money developing hypothetical test scripts
Compare simulation results with actual performance being tracked with Ascension Suite to make sense of results
Works on a broad range of applications and technologies
Establish intelligent service-level agreements before applications go live
Automatically mirror your end users actions step by step to achieve accurate results
Ascension suite feedback after load generation / user simulation on every element of your EPM deployment means identifying bottlenecks and potential resolutions, eliminating guesswork and accelerating performance tuning.
Obtain an accurate picture of end‑to‑end system performance before going live, and verify that new or upgraded applications meet specified performance requirements
Validate the end-user experience before deploying to the user community
- Out of the box Hyperion tests ready to run in minutes, with no Custom Scripting required.
- Web Forms
- Web Grids
- Planning Forms
- Planning Calcs
- Replay historical user activity example: Simulate a previous close cycle
- Manage Software and Hardware upgrades: replay a close cycle from one environment in a new environment
- Load results tie into the other performance tracking data already collected by Ascension Suite
- Test a broad range of applications and technologies
- Support testing on traditional platforms, as well as new platforms such as cloud and mobile
- Identify and reduce performance bottlenecks before deployment to avoid performance issues in production
- Deliver enterprise load generation, monitoring, and diagnostics
- Support testing across the application lifecycle
- Support performance testing of new technologies together with your existing, legacy applications
- Accurately test a mix of mobile and Internet users
- Reduce hardware and software costs by accurately predicting application scalability and capacity
- Shorten test cycles to accelerate delivery of high‑quality applications
- Pinpoint end-user, system-level, and code-level bottlenecks rapidly and with ease
- Reduce the cost of defects by testing earlier in the application lifecycle
Web Load Generator
Success Summary – Performance Problem- Rapid Resolution:
One of our clients received a call from a user complaining of a problem in their system related to performance as they tried to run a report in HFM. Before Accelatis, many people would need to become involved to attempt to gather information and diagnose the problem. It takes a knowledgeable person to even know what to look for, much less make sense of the information once it’s eventually in hand. Various logs and other artifacts would have been manually pulled from many servers, which were then packaged and sent to the analyst. Once the information was received the analyst would have needed to filter out the noise and reconcile dates and activities across logs. They would then need to have enough expertise to understand how to look for events that are related to the complaint. This process typically took hours or days before the analyst was in a position to make an assessment. With Ascension Suite this process was automated took our client a few clicks and a few seconds to pinpoint and correct the issue.